Row a Boat in a Tranquil Lake
6. Rowing a Boat
At the end of Swimming in the last movement, think of coming to a small row boat in the middle of a tranquil lake and getting aboard it for the next movement.
Raise arms over head:
• pull both arms back
• palms face backwards
• breathe in
• raise body
• draw arms up fully extended above head
• elbows slightly bent
• palms face out to the front
Return arms to sides:
• breathe out
• fingers upwards and slightly curved
• sink body down; knees slightly bent
• draw arms down to thighs
• palms face out to backwards
- Alleviates lumbar muscle strains.
- Helps with problems, nervous breakdown, depression, insomnia, and tearfullness.
- Increases oxygen in the lungs and clears thinking.
- Increases awareness.
- Generates feelings of joy and confidence.
- Relieves muscle fatigue.
- Good for hip joints and shoulders.